Picture the scene:
You’ve got a flat tyre. You’ve been told it’s going to be about 5 hours before someone gets to you. You’ve done all the work you can and you’re bored. What can you do to past the time aside from mindlessly scrolling Insta stories and watching cat videos on YouTube? (This is just an example, this has definitely not just happened to me and inspired me to write this post)
Well, here’s a list of suggestions of things you can do which will pass the time. Not only that but they will also help you declutter your mind and generally make life a little bit nicer.
- Unfollow all those accounts/people that you actually don’t like on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
- Empty your junk folder
- Unsubscribe from all those emails from stores you can’t afford
- Delete any old apps you don’t use anymore
- Clear out your handbag
- Respond to those texts you keep forgetting about
- Phone a friend you haven’t spoken to in ages (as long as you’re not distracting them at work)
- Download a time management app and organise your life
- Plan a holiday
- Update your finances
- Take some pretty photos of the trees
- Delete those old contacts of your last landlord and that person from uni you haven’t see in ten years. You’re never going to need them!
- Order your groceries (who actually has the time to go to a supermarket anymore?!)
- Make a list of all the things you are grateful for in the world and turn it into your phone wallpaper
- Clear out your photos off your phone. Do you really need to keep that selfie of you and a squirrel?
Is there anything else you do whilst your waiting for something? Come and chat to me over on Instagram and let me know.