A big thanks goes to Anne from Forever the Wanderer for tagging me in this one. Her playlist can be found here.
In case you hadn’t worked it out by now, this tag is all about the songs people listen to when they’re feeling down. Music has always been an important part of my life, helping me to process all ranges of emotions and situations. For good times and bad, I have a playlist for every occasion. I even made a playlist for my own wedding (although we didn’t stick too close to it on the day!).
- Link back to “ Pick me up playlist” creator- Laura Spoonie
- Tag the blogger who nominated you.
- Mention how music helps your mental health.
- List 10 songs that you would consider to be part of your “Pick me up playlist! (optional: mention a little bit why each song is on your list)
- Tag 10 other bloggers to join in on the challenge.
There are so many songs which bring back good memories for me, that make me feel better when I’m feeling low. I actually found it quite hard to narrow it down! I have always had such a strong relationship with music. It can make me laugh, smile and cry. Having the right song for the right situation has always helped me safeguard my mental wellbeing. Sometimes helping me cry when I need to, or cheering my up when things aren’t all that bad.
Anyway onto the main point of this article; the songs which pick me up!
- Finally by Cece Peniston. Always reminds me of singing at the top of my lungs with my friends in the car!
- Pounding by Doves. My ultimate Summer song. I love blasting this out on a sunny day.
- Rollercoaster by Bleachers and Charli XCX. Such an upbeat song.
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon. The first song I danced to with Mike.
- Feel the Love by Rudimental. Another song I can’t fail to enjoy.
- Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap. Reminds me of Indian Summers in the garden.
- The King of Wishful Thinking by Go West. I don’t know any woman who doesn’t love this song!
- Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay. To be honest I could listen to most of their tracks, but this one is a particular favourite.
- Pompeii by Bastille. For no particular reason other than I like it.
- Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson. It might be silly but I don’t know many who can’t smile when they hear it!
Now you’ve read mine, it’s time to see what these lovely people have on their playlists.
- Megan from Megan Elizabeth
- Kate from All The Trinkets
- Donna from Life as Mrs Jones
- Jess from All About Jess
- Bexa from Hello Bexa
- James from Conlons Colon
- Tara from Blog About A Latte
- Holly from Golly Miss Holly
- Amie from A Curvy Vegan
- Lavrax from Lavrax London